Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Thoughts from Easter morning

As I was reading the account of Easter from Matthew Ch. 28 it says in verse 16 that the eleven disciples went away..... My thought was there were only eleven because Judas had just hung himself. I felt like crying. I know why Judas hung himself. Judas did what all of us do from time to time. He believed the lies from Satan. Satan must have fed him lines like,"What a traitor. You've mocked your own leader. You are so worthless. Jesus could never use you now. Just quit. You might as well just kill yourself. You'd be better off dead than alive." Judas exchanged the truth for a lie and a lie for the truth. We do the same thing all the time. Maybe we don't take it to the extreme of Judas but we quit or give up on tasks God has set before us. We see ourselves as failures or not usable by God. If Judas would have run to Christ and repented I know Jesus would have embraced him and forgiven him. One truth that set me free years ago was that I could never do anything to make God love me more and I could never do anything to make God love me less. He loves me unconditionally. I hope to speak, teach and write about this till I die!

7 comments:

Vonda Skelton said...

Way to go, Dawn! I'm so proud of you and your blog! And thank you for the reminder that the only truth is the truth of God's word.

Blessings, my sister...
Vonda
www.VondaSkelton.com

Unknown said...

Welcome to the world of blogging!
Love you friend!
Shelley

Lori Kennedy said...

Great word! You always inspire me so....

His,
Lori

shay said...

Great work and I love the title!

IT'S TOY TIME! said...

Hey Lady!

How exciting! Glad to see you in the land of bloggers! You are another one doing whatever it takes to get His story of love & redemption to His creation!

~Cassandra

Mary Yost said...

Thank you, Dawn, for sharing the truth in an encouraging and enlightening way. You are a great teacher of The Word and I look forward to hearing more of your teaching. God Bless!

Love,
Mary

Jamie Goodwin said...

I am so excited to read your blog and what the Lord is teaching you. There are two things I miss most at FBCW...your and Pastor Johnny's teaching!! I will add you as a link on my blog page (if that is okay), so I can read it often! Miss you!

Jamie