Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Whiter than Snow

Psalm 51:7 "Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow."

In an hour and a half my world has turned white. Ice has blanketed the earth. No one going out, none coming in. Nature has posted a "Do not disturb" sign on my front door. God whispers to me, "Be still and know." Know what God? What are you trying to say to me? Had my quiet time - check. Prayed - check. Memory verse done - check.
Then the whisper's volume increases. He reveals my "ducks in a row" morning has produced a fine looking chart but left a heart feeling void. Duty has trumped humility. Pride drips off my off my spiritual check list. I am forced to back track. Where did I go wrong?
Obedience to do the right things got entangled with a wrong motive. The child within screams for God to notice I cleaned my room. Yet God takes me to my closet. There He uncovers what I tossed in to  hide. All my dirty laundry (no longer on the floor of my room) has been discovered. My anger is in a wad in one corner; my self pity takes up space in another. He bids me to pick up all the soiled pieces and place them in His hands. He tosses them into the sea of forgiveness. He reminds me to not only be still, but to know He is God. He sees and uncovers, then covers me with grace. I experience white. White outside, white inside. He is God.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome devotional. It bears the markings of a heart truly seeking His face.